Nutrition Evaluation Test
Your body is unique . Shouldn’t your vitamin regimen be as well?
As an informed patient, you understand that nutrition is important. You know that the foods you eat affect your health. Conversely, the things you do not consume – but perhaps need – may also have a tremendous impact on your body.
Thatʼs why many people take vitamins and supplements – to feel better and prevent disease. While this practice can be beneficial, many variables exist. It is important to understand which supplements are right for your body, your lifestyle and your circumstances, thus ensuring your unique needs are met without wasting money on items that could be unnecessary or even harmful. With personalized nutritional testing from Genova Diagnostics, you can find exact answers to your health questions. This information can help you and your doctor devise a plan to achieve optimal health. Nutritional imbalances can affect your body in many ways. Following are some of the key factors to consider.
Amino acids are integral to healthy body chemistry. They serve as the bodyʼs basic building blocks and are responsible for the production of bone and muscle. Balance is critical for proper nerve function, metabolism, detoxification and digestion. When certain amino acids are too high or low, they can cause fatigue, increased cardiovascular risk, and impair mood and cognitive function. Once identified, imbalances can be corrected, helping to prevent many chronic illnesses before they can cause severe and lasting damage.
Fatty acids are essential to the construction of cell membranes. Too little or too much fat can cause health problems. Reduced levels of certain fats can result in depression, hyperactivity, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, as well as early senility. In addition, pregnant and lactating mothers should have their fatty acids tested to ensure their children receive the fats needed for proper brain and nerve development. Measurement is the only means to determine your individual needs.
Minerals in our body serve two functions: one being that they are the building blocks, second being that they are regulators of our bodyʼs processes. Many of these minerals are derived Cutting edge lab tests from Genova Diagnostics deliver precise insights about the way nutrition and environment impact your bodyʼs needs. Ask your doctor about the insights you could gain from nutritional testing to achieve optimal health. One of these Genova tests may be right for you:
NutrEval ONE: Optimal Nutrition Evaluation
Elemental Analysis Amino Acids Analysis Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis Toxic Element Exposure Profile Oxidative Stress Analysis
Comprehensive Detoxification Profile from the diet, and sometimes minerals are added to the diet as supplements. Some minerals can even be toxic. Magnesium, copper and manganese are beneficial. If proper amounts are not obtained, problems such as joint pain, weight problems, depressed libido, depression, or anxiety can occur. On the other hand, exposure to mercury, lead, arsenic or other heavy metals can be harmful, causing fatigue, emotional disturbances, even renal failure. Laboratory testing can provide valuable information about your health.
Ask yourself these simple questions to see if nutritional testing may be right for you:
- Do you take multiple supplements and vitamins, or think they might be beneficial?
- Do you frequently consume fast food?
- Is beef, pork, lamb, or poultry your main source of protein?
- Do you consume fish less than twice weekly?
- Do you have metal tooth fillings?
- Do you have dry skin or cracked nails?
- Do you have trouble with concentration, memory or learning?
- Do your cuts or wounds take a long time to heal?
- Do you suffer from mood swings?
- Do you have a chronic illness with little or no relief?
- Do you have difficulty losing weight?
- Do you get sick often or prone to infections?
- Do you use margarine or vegetable oils with a long shelf life?
Nutrition affects many aspects of your health. Some of the diseases and conditions affected by nutrition are:
- Auto-immune disease
- Heart disease
- Intestinal symptoms (bloating, diarrhea, gas)
- Joint pain
Some of the diseases affected by toxins:
- Chronic gastrointestinal symptoms (bloating, diarrhea, gas)
- Periodontal symptoms
- Poor wound healing
Cost of the test is $400.00.
Call 203-966-2336 to schedule your consultation!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Natural-Looking Results
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Harvard-Trained Physician
- Treating Children And Adults
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Focus On No Pain, No Downtime
- Your Safety Is First And Foremost
- Cutting-Edge Cosmetic Treatments
- Highest Quality, Comprehensive, Personalized Medical & Cosmetic Dermatologic Care