Dr. Sharon Littzi – Botox Specialist in New Canaan
What Is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by Sharon J. Littzi, M.D. as a simple, non-surgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
Why does skin age?
Sagging skin and wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, hormone loss, or damage caused by free radicals. The 11’s – those vertical lines that appear between your brows – result from muscle contractions. When you concentrate, squint, or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. After years of frequent contraction, those wrinkles can linger even after the muscles are at rest.
BOTOX® Cosmetic for Men
BOTOX® Cosmetic is certainly not just for women. If you are a man and think it’s time to do something about those moderate to severe glabellar lines between your brows, talk to your doctor about whether BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you.
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11’s,” the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabella lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
When will I see results from a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, Sharon J. Littzi, M.D. may choose to numb the area with an anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
You should not be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic if you have:
- A disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome).
- Allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- Have had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- Breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- Swallowing problems
- Bleeding problems
- Plans to have surgery
- Had surgery on your face
- Weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- Drooping eyelids
- Any other change in the way your face normally looks
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby.
- Are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Natural-Looking Results
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Harvard-Trained Physician
- Treating Children And Adults
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Focus On No Pain, No Downtime
- Your Safety Is First And Foremost
- Cutting-Edge Cosmetic Treatments
- Highest Quality, Comprehensive, Personalized Medical & Cosmetic Dermatologic Care